Ways To Control Gas
‘Gas’ is something that happens to everyone. Farting or belching whichever route it chooses, it causes inconvenience. Sounds pretty embarrassing, right? But remember it happens to everyone when you have eaten something wrong. Do you know that most individuals pass gas 13 to 21 times in a day and that is regarded as normal? But if you are unable to control it, it can affect your life.
Bloating and gas hurt your body and make it difficult for you to stay at ease. It can affect your daily life especially when you are among people. It can be a get together, wedding party or any kind of meet up. Farting or belching there can be a major turn off. People classify this most often as ‘bad manners’ 🙁
However, you need not worry as there is some good news. There are ways to help you fall in the normal range even if you think that your case is bad.
Keep a track of your triggers
- Keep a note of what you eat and how it makes you feel. There are some foods that cause a lot of gas. Most carbs cause gas. It would be advisable to stay away from cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, onions, pears, apples, dairy and anything that has HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) if you have a lot of gas.
- The point to remember is that what suits one person may not suit another. So, if your brother can eat cabbage and yogurt and not have issues, it doesn’t mean that it will suit you too.
- Maintain a food journal. It can be a notebook or a memo app on your smartphone. Make things easy and you will soon understand what kinds of food trigger gas and you should start avoiding them.
Other ways to control gas
- Stop chewing gum as it makes you swallow a lot of air that causes gas. So stop chewing gum.
- Chew slowly, no matter what you are eating. Chewing slowly will help you swallow less air.
- Stop drinking fizzy drinks. All kinds of fizzy drinks are loaded with gas and that is why there are bubbles in it. Choose drinks that don’t have fizz in them.
- Stop drinking fruit juice. Pear and apple juice in particular make a lot if gas.
- Say no to smoking. It is anyway bad for health and if it makes you gassy too, what is the fun?
- Consuming high fat containing foods causes bloating. So, eat wisely.
Now, if you have been following all these things and still have gas, it would be advisable to pay the doctor a visit.
Doctors say that having abdominal pain occasionally along with bloating is very common but symptoms like weight loss, tiredness and anemia can be signs of an underlying problem.
Talk to the doctor about your problem and he will suggest some tests to find out the root cause. He will then treat you for the ailment.
Hope you liked reading this post on ways to control gas!
You may also like reading-