Have a look at the 25 Amazing Ways to Lose Weight
Dieting, weight lifting or running might not be everyone’s choice when it comes to shedding kilos. All of them can be really stressful. So why not should one stick to appetite rather than ditching it? This article mainly tells you about some tasty ways to lose weight. Yes, tasty, because you will not have to spend hours in a stinking gym, nor opting for a starving die!
- Plate shade- Have you ever wondered why most of our special dining cutlery is white in color? It is because the cooked veggies served on a white plate do not have a high contrast and our eater is unable to judge the amount of serving he eats, ending up eating more. But that should be done to entreat the guests. As for us, it would be better to switch those white plates with a darker shade of green or blue to know the serving size. You will naturally take the lesser amount of serving.
- Plate size- research studies provide evidence of reduced appetites when the plate size was decreased. Not only you take lesser food but if you merely reduce the plate size by two inches then you can lose around 18 pounds a year.
- Tea working miracles- if you are one of those who look for a seething sweetened cup of tea for every a headache, every morning/ evening, or any other energy booster then it is time to swap it with green tea. A green tea can contain 100- 300 mg of flavonoids per serving, which boosts calorie burn, also catechins function as anti-oxidants which prevents weight gain. Green tea, mint tea, oolong tea, white tea, all of these are storehouses of fat burning polyphenols.
- Refreshing drinks- if tea is not your thing then many other drinks are available which have the extremely low-calorie count. A spicy carrot kanji or tender coconut water is extremely low in calorie but high in refreshing capacity. They are full of electrolytes or rich in specific nutrients but contain less than 25 calories per glass.
- Using hand formula- many prefer to eat with knife and fork, spoons instead of bare hands, mainly citing hygiene as the reason. However, the philosophy of eating with hands is one that facilitates lesser eating. When we do not use our hands, one of the five senses remains unsatiated, i.e. skin. Therefore eating with hands will lead to a full sensory satisfaction, giving you a full tummy feeling earlier than you thought.
- Eat heavy breakfast and light dinner- one of the biggest reasons behind the conversion of calories into fat is missing or eating a light breakfast. It is so because there is a huge time lap between the dinner and next morning’s food intake while there is hardly a gap of three hours in other intakes. So we generally starve our stomach at night and it becomes important to nourish it properly during the day. Not just it compensates the missing energy but also increases our metabolism for the rest of the day.
- Do not ‘diet’- starving yourself is not a vital option if you are thinking of losing weight. Chances are more of a terribly failed diet than a successful one. Many people end up gaining more weight after ending their diet. It is because you generally restrict the necessary nutrition and leave your system craving for more which you satisfy after dieting. So why to opt for it at first place instead of eating healthy?
- Never skip a meal- skipping a meal is like occasional dieting, a diet which will leave you hungry for more. So instead of putting the food plate aside fill it up with fibrous foods or eat fruits. This will relieve your digestive tract and hardly any calories will be added.
- Chew slowly- let your brain learn that you have been eating for long by chewing food slowly. Fool your brain and it will give you a satisfactory feeling earlier than you expect.
- Vegetable delight- you do not have to ditch everything you love to lose weight, just change the fillings. Burgers like Boca meatless burgers or burgers with patties mainly consisting of herbs or vegetables and mushrooms have nutritional value and much lower calories than a grilled vegetable burrito. While the latter has around 870 calories per serving, former has 100- 110 calories only.
- Non-veg delight- seafood is mainly rich omega 3 & omega 6 fatty acids which reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) by increasing good cholesterol (HDL). This not just benefits your health but also controls weight indirectly.
- Milk instead of milk products- soy milk or cow’s milk has around 85-130 calories while milk product such as khoya has around 450 calories. Other variants of milk are also available which are low in calories like tonnes or skimmed milk but they are relatively low in nutritional value.
- Eggs for weight loss– as already said, breakfast should be heavy. Eating eggs for breakfast can be of great help. The egg is a great source of nutrients and energy but has barely 85 calories. Not just are they a vital part of a balanced diet but also prevents in overeating if taken in breakfast.
- Cooking in right oil- canola, sunflower or soybean oil is really not good options for cooking. Switch them with coconut oil if you wish to lose weight. Coconut oil can amazingly resist high temperatures and doesn’t get oxidized easily. Furthermore, coconut oil enables you to burn fatter and lowers cholesterol level.
- Reduce fatigue– lack of sleep and fatigue is one of the prime factors of disturbed metabolism. Not only your energy levels are compromised but your digestion also slows down. An implication of this would be reduced calorie burn and conversion of calories into fat. So sleep well and stay fit.
- Add Whey Protein to your diet- whey is rich in essentially rich in amino acids and helps in protein synthesis because of quick digestibility. This, in turn, burns calories helping you to lose weight. Because whey is the byproduct obtained in cheese making, it can be easily added to your diet.
- Chart your eating habits- this is a very simple one. You just have to everything you eat in a log which you can check every night. After evaluating your eating habits, you will be keener to cut the excess of calories which are visible on that chart.
- Switch ingredients- a simpler way of reducing calorie intake would be switching the ingredients with low-calorie one. Like a soft taco with pork or steak would have around 130 calories while a vegetarian taco would have just 90. Choosing a hard taco over soft would have 40 calories less.
- Sharing etiquettes- if you have packed a delicious lunch for yourself then reluctance in sharing is obvious. Studies, however, show that you eat less if you enjoy your meal with your family and friends.
- Make boring food attractive- if you get frequent junk food cravings then add colors to the veg plate. Go for a mixed veggie instead of a single ingredient dish. Same can be applied to fruits. Cut different fruits in different shapes. Dice them or slice them, go a step further by grating them and juice up your whole dish. This way you will end up eating more fibers and nutrients.
- Eat soup- broth based soups which have around 100- 150 calories per serving can be very useful. Soups can keep your stomach full for a long time, thus avoiding frequent hunger bouts.
- Treat yourself occasionally- cheating your plan occasionally is not a crime. It is better to satiate desires once in a while than living with hungry sense. So having a burger or spaghetti is not really a big deal if you are controlling you have been controlling your diet.
- Avoid pure starch foods- the starchy food like fries, baked potatoes, rice, cakes, and cookies have high starch and low nutritional value. The problem arises when this starch gets stored in the body in the form of fat instead of getting used up. Go for other starchy stuff like kidney or pinto beans, corn, and whole wheat bread to get nourishment.
- Eat at frequent intervals- do not gorge yourself at once after a long interval, but go for eating smaller portions of food at frequent intervals. This would enable you to control your hunger and appetite.
- Drink plenty of water– one way to reduce weight is to drink 9 to 12 glasses of water daily. This will not just save you from dehydration but also confuse your body. Keeping your belly full with water will do the trick if you are getting unnecessarily hungry. Another way can be to add flavor to your drink by drinking fruit juice with no added sugars.
The trick is simple if you miss on foods which burn calories then go for lesser calorie food. Add spices and flavors to it to transform a boring platter into a delicious surprise. Experiment with food and avoid or burn calories.
Hope this post was useful!
You may also like reading-
- 5 Workout Mistakes You Usually Commit
- Life These Days-When Low Carb Lifestyle Stops Working!
- Things You Should Do For A Healthy And Fit Body
- Top 5 Healthy Indian Teas You Should Try!