Whole Wheat Zucchini Choco Chip Muffins Recipe
I am back after a long time; I have been missing a lot of action. But I was busy reinventing myself. I needed to learn more so that I could be ready to share more with you all. This time of the year, we have the great British bake off on the TV. It is quite tempting to see such shows. Only I use alternatives which suit my health 😉 I have discovered the low GI flours, alternative sugars and various baked goodies which you can enjoy guilt free.
I have also been experimenting with different kinds of training and exercise techniques. I had a little fracture a while ago at the gym and I am getting back to the grind 😉
Let me share with you a really easy recipe which will make you drool and not affect your fitness regime much 😉
Zucchini Choco-Chip muffins:
1. Whole wheat flour- 1.5 cups
2. Baking soda- 3/4 teaspoon
3. Salt- ¼ teaspoon
4. Eggs– 1 egg yok and 1 egg
5. Vanilla extract,
6. Milk- ¾ cup
7. Apple sauce- 1/2 cup (if you don’t have this ingredient- you can use butter)
8. Zucchini – Shredded and soaked on a tissue paper,
9. butter-2 tablespoons melted
10. Cocoa powder
11. Coconut sugar or honey or agave nectar
12. Dark Choco chips- as many as you like.
Preheat the oven to 180F, line the cups with cooking oil or I use silicon cups- no oil required.
Meanwhile sieve the dry ingredients except the sugar. Keep aside.
Whisk the eggs along with sugar and vanilla essence. Add the milk and butter. Whisk again. Slowly add the applesauce and zucchini fold the flour mixture lightly. Do not over mix, just incorporate everything and gently add Choco chips. Fill the cups and top with more Choco chips.
Bake for 20 minutes or till a skewer comes out clean. The top will be crispy and the muffin will be goey. If you want to replace the whole wheat with something lighter, I suggest using spelt flour. I will be soon coming up with spelt flour and its uses. Spelt flour is the new buzz word in the fitness world 😉
See you with the next post!
Will you try these muffins?
You may also like reading-
- 5 Low Carb Indian Recipes I love The Most
- Indian Low Carb Chicken Breast Recipe
- Low Carb Salad Recipe To Enjoy In Monsoon
- Benefits Of Millet & Millet Salad With Chick Pea Recipe
- Healthy Hung Yogurt Dip Tzatziki Recipe
- Post-Workout Summer Smoothie Recipe