I have seen people having plain rotis. I have seen people preparing curries in refined oil. Ask them why ? You would get to hear that Desi Ghee is fat, so its best avoided. I have believed on this myth half my life ! You read it right, its a myth that Fats make us fat. So, Desi Ghee does not make us fat.
Desi Ghee is one of the most misunderstood foods in India. Reason ? Marketing vegetable oils as the Hero, HUH HUH .
“Healthy heart”, “Light”, “low cholesterol” and a lot of other adjectives are used in the favour of vegetable oils which could contain trans fats and hyderogenated fats.
In our culture of hundreds of years, Indians have been eating Desi Ghee , but were never obese. Why do we see more obesity now ? It is because we are mislead. The truth is Desi Ghee is healthy and important for Weight Loss.
3 Myths about Desi Ghee
Ghee increase cholesterol – The truth is that Desi Ghee reduces cholesterol since it by increases contribution of lipids for metabolism. Desi Ghee helps you de-stress, feel full, and sleep better.
Ghee is fattening – Desi Ghee has unique short chain fatty acid structure. It is lipolytic by nature due to which it breaks down fat.
Ghee is harmful for heart – Are you kidding ? Desi Ghee is extremely rich in antioxidants, conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and fat soluble vitamins like A, E, D. Desi Ghee has everything needed for a healthy heart.
Why Desi Ghee is Good for Health ?
- Vitamins A, D, E, and K present in Ghee are fat-soluble. This means Ghee helps is to absorb these vitamins.
- Ghee has MUFA (monounsaturated fatty acids ) , which is better than PUFA (polyunsaturated fatty acid) found in oils like corn, sunflower, cottonseeds oils etc. Thus Desi Ghee is a better choice than these oils.
- Ghee does not contain lactose, hence it is safe for lactose intolerant people.
- Ghee is made up of short chain fatty acids which can be digested easily. This nature also helps to break fat.
- Ghee provides lubrication to muscles and joints.
- Ghee is free of trans fats unlike other oils.
- Ghee is free of salt unlike butter available in market.
- Ghee boosts immunity.
- Ayurveda recommends Desi Ghee because it is good for whole body.
- Ghee can be used for cooking at high temperature unlike Olive Oil. However, a few people believe that Desi Ghee is best consumed when poured on cooked food before consuming. That’s the reason why our grandparents added ghee in daals before eating or poured on rotis !
Tips to obtain Maximum Benefits from Desi Ghee
- Portion Control ! Desi Ghee is high in calories , so watch out how much you consume.
- Desi Ghee has all the above benefits in its pure form. Meaning – Home Made Pure Desi Ghee !
Enjoy your meals topped with Desi Ghee :). Next time make your halwa in Desi Ghee and not refined oils 😛 .Woncha ?
Image Source : 1
You make also like reading –