Why Radish Seeds Are Good For Health?
In India salads seem to be incomplete without radish. The very strong and sharp taste of radish along with its juiciness is always welcome. Radishes are of different colours like white, black, red and purple. They are also of different shapes like round, long or elongated.
Some of them are cultivated for the seeds. Have you ever tasted the seeds? They are edible and can be added to your salad for that extra crunchy and spicy flavour. Radish seeds have a lot of medicinal properties to offer. They are sprouted and consumed like most other sprouts. The extract of seeds is also used.
Nutritional value of radishes
Radishes have a lot of nutrients in them that are required for preventing diseases and for the upkeep of health. Radishes have carbs, protein, sugars and fibre with negligible fat content. They are packed with vitamin C, niacin, riboflavin, folate, vitamin B6 and pantothenic acid. Radishes are rich in minerals like calcium, iron, phosphorus, manganese, zinc, magnesium, potassium and fluoride. If radishes have so much goodness in them the seeds to will have health benefits to offer too.
Why Radish Seeds Are Good For Health?
Radish seeds have been in use for centuries to treat several health problems. They are helpful in alleviating a lot of ailments.
The radish seeds are beneficial for diabetes, bloating, acne and cellulite. They seem to improve kidney function, boost the immune system and enhance the circulation of blood. The oil of this seed is used in healing and softening dry or cracked skin.
Read the health benefits that radish seeds have to offer:
- Radish seeds help in lowering blood pressure and reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases as they are a rich source of flavonoids. They also have anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties.
- They help reverse fatty liver in a natural way.
- They have detoxifying properties and they help in cleansing the blood and flushing out toxins/wastes from the body. They are helpful in improving the oxygen supply to the blood and hence reduce the destruction of red blood cells.
- Radish seeds can treat several types of cancer like that of the stomach, colon, kidney, intestinal and even oral cancer. This because of the presence of antioxidant vitamin C, flavonoids and folic acid and the detoxifying nature of radish seeds.
- They are a good source of potassium. Hence they help in reducing blood pressure and keeping it in control.
- These seeds are beneficial for diabetics as they help in regulating the absorption of sugar by the blood stream and this keeps the sugar levels in check.
- The fibre content is quite high, which is helpful in regulating bowel movements and relieves constipation.
- Radish seeds help in removing excess of mucous present in the throat and helps in soothing the symptoms of sore throat. The seeds are helpful in getting rid of congestion by clearing up the sinuses.
- They help in treating kidney disorders as they are detoxifying, disinfectant and diuretic in nature. They eliminate toxins from the kidneys and protect them from infection of any kind.
- They are good for the health of the skin as they keep it moisturized and healthy.
So, are you ready to include lots of radish seeds in your diet? You can have them sprouted.
You may also like reading-
- Why Fast Weight Loss Of Bollywood Stars Is Not Safe?
- Best And Worst Exercises For Aching Knees
- The Five Bite Diet-Fad Diet Alert!
- Hrithik Roshan’s 12 Week Dramatic Transformation
- Top 6 Protein Supplements Available In India
- Circuit Training and Weight Loss
- Coca-Cola Life Review-Is it healthier than coke?
- How Facebook Makes You Feel Bad About Yourself?
- 7 Bollywood Celebrities Who Lost Weight For Movie Roles
- Shocking! Maggi Oats Noodles Is Non Vegetarian