I am an online shopping addict 😛 , are you ? When I decided that I need a constant motivation to lose weight and I need to feel guilty when I cheat :P, I knew I needed a good weighing scale. I looked at a lot of weighing scale and finally decided to go for Equinox. Equinox is known for its technology in weighing scales.
I looked at various websites and zeroed down to Pepperfry. Reason – lowest price ! Pepperfry seems seem to call themselves India’s largest Home and Living Destination. They give a discount of 15% on the first purchase. This scale did cost me Rs 300 less than the price on other websites.
I received the weighing scale in 4-5 days and I was quite satisfied. When I was opening the parcel, I noticed that the packaging is not at all good. Only 1 cardboard box and very thin bubble packaging !
I just prayed that the weighing scale is safe. Unfortunately, it got damaged in the transit.
I immediately called up their support team. Indeed they were friendly and asked me to send them the pictures of the damaged product. I obliged and they replied saying that I need to courier them the product and I will be refunded Rs 150 for it.
I thought in my mind “Are you kidding , which courier company will charge only Rs 150 for a weighing scale ?”. I called them again and asked for a pickup. They happily told me that they do not have exchange policy and return policy. Once i send the product back, I will be refunded the amount including Rs 150 and then need to place a fresh order. Ask them , who will order for the second time after such a horrible experience !
I went to the courier and found that 150 bucks is not enough. I called Pepperfry again. They said they will reimburse the courier charges till Rs 300 and if the bill exceeds Rs 300, i need to check with them once again. I went to courier company again and the charges came to Rs 400.
Finally, I gave up and kept the weighing scale with me .
Pepperfry, tell me one thing ! Why people on earth will order online if they have all the time to shop ? If they had that time , they would go and buy offline. Why do they need you ? By the way, Pepperfry sells furniture and lifestyle products online, beds too ! How can you call yourself home and living destination when you don’t know how to do packaging ? I can go on and on…
This post is just to warn everyone not to buy fragile items from Pepperfry !
You may also like reading these –
- Healthy Savory Waffles | Protein Rich Recipe
- Healthy Breakfast Recipe – Paneer Cheese Sandwich
- Book Review | UNJUNKED : Healthy Eating For Weight Loss By Suman Agarwal
- Best Foods for Flat Belly – Part 4
- Best Foods for Flat Belly – Part 3
- 7 Foods that Sound Healthy, But Are Not
- Cabbage And Egg Recipe |Paleo Diet India
- Why Sugar is an Evil ?
- Weight Loss and the Service Industry
- How to Log your Diet Plan with Cron-O-meter
- Best Foods for Flat Belly – Part 1
- Food Steamer For Weight Loss & Healthy Cooking
- My Latest Lifestyle Changes to Lose Weight
- 6 tips to prepare for Weight Loss
- Ways To Make Eggs Interesting
- 12 Foods for Maximum Weight Loss
- Diet or Exercise – Who is the winner in Weight Loss ?
- A Calorie is a Calorie, Really ?
- Best Foods for Flat Belly – Part 2