Want toned Legs? Read on!
Who does not dream of well-toned legs? Flabby thighs, hips and waist are a few most common problem areas.
Today I share with you the secret of maintaining legs. To start with always do a few warm up stretches for 5-10 minutes and then follow up with a few rounds of Surya Namaskar. (I usually do 6 rounds).
Next comes the legs workout.
Yoga Poses For Toned Legs
Following are a few of my favorite beginner level asanas which have worked wonders for me –
This is one of my favorite asana and has helped me gain strength and increase my stamina. Initially you will have pain in the legs but trust me: you will start enjoying the pain in a few days.
- Stand with your feet together.
- While inhaling, raise your hands over the head.
- Bend your knees and take a squat position while exhaling.
- Remain in this position for 10-15 seconds.
- At the beginning do it for 10 times and then increase it.
P.S: My version of this asana – I stretch my arms parallel to the legs in squat position and do it.
They engage the entire lower half of the body including hips, hamstrings and calves.
1. Stand with both your feet about 12 inches apart and bring the arms in front of you with palms facing the ground.
2. Now squat down with a deep inhalation, while you bend down ensure your knees are forming a 90 degrees angle allowing you to dip down in the position.
3. Get back immediately to standing position while exhaling and repeat again.
Warrior Pose 1
It Strengthens and stretches the thighs, calves, and ankles.
- Stand straight with your feet apart.
- Now shift your left foot to the side such that there is a three to four feet distance between both the legs.
- Keeping your left foot straight; rotate it to your left side entirely where your right foot rotates slightly.
- Now spin your torso to your left side making sure your legs are in the same position.
- Bend the knee of your left leg; carry your torso forward to the left side where you raise both your hands above your head in a Namaste.
Warrior Pose 2
Steps are the same the warrior pose with one change. Instead of lifting the hands to form a namaskar, lift them parallel to the ground.
This is a package pose. It not only helps in toning the hips but also helps in flattening the stomach.
- Lie down with your belly on the ground and place hands by your side with palms facing the ceiling.
- As you inhale, lift up your legs and your upper torso and support yourself on the abdomen.
Bridge Pose (SetuBandhasana)
This pose stretches the chest, neck, spine and hips. It also rejuvenates tired leg and improves digestion.
- Lie down with your back on the ground with stretched legs and bend your legs at the knees with your feet grounded.
- Place your hands by your side with palms facing the ground.
- Now lift up your hips off the ground towards the ceiling, letting your hands and feet to be on the ground.
- Hold this position by lifting your hands over your head.
- To bring a little variation to this asana, lift up one of your legs in the air, hold it for some time, and repeat it with the other leg too.
Cobbler’s Pose (Baddha Konasana)
From several benefits for the women like stimulates ovaries, helps relieve the symptoms of menopause and soothes menstrual cramps it also helps in stretching the inner things ( which is a big problem area for a few women).
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent so that both the soles of your feet are facing each other.
- Keep your spine elongated ensuring that your posture is straight.
- Press the soles of your feet together and hold this pose for a minute.
Vrikshasan ( Tree Pose)
This is one of my best pose and I love doing it. It helps in balancing and toning the legs and buttocks. I feel so confident and calm once I get a control over my body 🙂
- Stand straight with your toes touching the ground and arms resting on your sides.
- Lift your right leg folding at the knee.
- Place the sole of the right foot up against the upper left inner thigh with the toes pointing downwards and the folded leg perpendicular to the standing leg.
- Once you have established your balance, fold the hands in front of your chest in a prayer position. Keep your balance and stretch the arms above your head with your gaze forward.
- Once you are more comfortable in this pose you can begin to play with curling the chest back and looking up.
- Keep the balance and hold for as long as possible.
- Repeat with the other leg.
One can get bored following the same asanas every day. So, I rotate them.
E.g.: I do first 4 on first day and next four the other day. This way I can practice all of them without going through the guilt of skipping them 🙂
Have you tried any Yoga Poses For Toned Legs? How was your experience?
You may also like reading –
- How I Lost Weight
- IWB 1 Month 4 Kgs Weight Loss : Diet Plan Day 8 and Day 9
- Superfood: Health Benefits of Carrots
- Top 10 Indian Spices For Weight Loss
- IWB 1 Month 4 Kgs Weight Loss : Workout Plan Week 1
- IWB 1 Month 4 Kgs Weight Loss : Diet Plan Day 6 and Day 7
- How To Avoid Injury At The Gym
- How To Choose Right Shoe For Walking, Running and Cross Training
- Amway Nutrilite Protein Powder Review
- IWB 1 Month 4 Kgs Weight Loss : Diet Plan Day 4 and Day 5
- How To Diet Effectively For Weight Loss
- IWB 1 Month 4 Kgs Weight Loss : Diet Plan Day 2 and Day 3
- IWB 1 Month 4 Kgs Weight Loss : Workout Plan Day 1