Yummiest Indian Fish Recipe
I am a North Indian and certainly not accustomed to fish recipes. After my daughter’s birth I decided to start eating fish recipes for health and few other reasons. Well, being completely ignorant about it I had a tough time in developing the taste for fish. I did learn few recipes but they were never my favorite ones. Somehow I truly wanted to enjoy the fish recipes but due to the lack of interest in the particular taste I couldn’t do much. Few days back I saw one of my Facebook friends Sharmishtha Chaudhary sharing a fish recipe prepared by her and I instantly felt like trying it out and Oh! my God I truly loved it!!
Spices For Marinating-
- Rohu or Katla fish (cleaned & cut into slices)
- Onion (chopped finely)
- Garlic (4-5 cloves minced)
- Ginger ( few 1 inch slices)
- Tomato (chopped finely)
- Potatoes (chopped lengthwise)
- Bay leaves (2-3)
- Coriander Powder (1-2 teaspoons)
- Jeera powder (1-2 teaspoons)
- Red chilli powder (1-2 teaspoons or as per taste)
- Kashmiri Chili powder ( less than 1 teaspoon)
- Garam Masala Powder (2-3 teaspoons)
- Curd (Beaten)
- Oil ( to fry & cook gravy)
Method of Preparation-
- Marinate the fish slices with turmeric & coriander powder and keep it for 30 min or overnight whatever is manageable.
- After proper marination, fry the fish slices in oil till golden brown.
- Take a pan and prepare a thick paste of onion, ginger ,garlic & tomato slices and keep it aside.
- Take the chopped potatoes and shallow fry them an keep aside.
- Now in a deep frying pan or Kadhai, add oil and add bay leaves, cardamom, cinnamon in it.
- Add the onion paste to it and further fry it on a medium flame. Add small amount of sugar in it.
- Also add ginger garlic paste to the mixture and fry until the raw smell vanishes on a simmer flame.
- Now add tomato puree, coriander powder, red chilli powder & jeera powder to it. Fry it on a slow flame until oil starts separating from the mixture.
- Now the fried potatoes & little water is added to this mixture and is left to cook for 4-5 minutes while covered.
- Also add beaten curd & Kashmiri red chilli powder to the mixture with constant stirring.
- Now its time to add fried fish slices and mix it properly to coat them well.
- The dish is covered and further cooked for 2-3 minutes.
- Lastly, add garam masala powder & freshly chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Yummy fish recipe is ready to be served with plain hot rice! 🙂
Well, for all those who are still ignorant about the amazing benefits of including fish in their diet, if they prefer non vegetarian dishes, are as under-
- Fishes are prominent source of many essential nutrients which are really helpful for the body. There are mainly two types viz. Sea water fishes & Fresh Water fishes. There is a wide range of fishes that are edible and are used as major food sources in coastal parts of the country.
- Fishes are high in protein, vitamins & omega 3 fatty acids which are known to be very good for overall health.
- Fishes are very rich in minerals like iron, zinc, magnesium and potassium which directly increases the immunity towards heart related problems and keeps it healthy.
Will you try this Yummiest Indian Fish Recipe ?
You may also like reading –